Vintage Altec Lansing 403-A 8" Wide Range Speaker
Vintage Altec Lansing 403A 1960s speaker - features an Alnico magnet on a slit-shaped metal frame. In addition, these have the original corn paper and the frame is painted in a darker green. The older specification speakers are very efficient (see spec below) at an amazing 102db/W/m. So ideal for tube or small amplifiers. These were originally designed for music reproduction and public address.
These would make an ideal speaker for a DIY open Baffle Speaker project. We currently have 4 of these.
- Type: 8" cone (corn paper) type full range speaker
- Frequency characteristic: 70 Hz to 11 kHz
- Lowest resonance frequency: 80Hz
- Voice Coil: 1"
- Impedance: 8 Ω
- Rated input: 12W
- Sound Pressure Level: 102dB/W/m (newer versions are 95db)
- Magnetic flux density: 9,000gauss
- Magnet Type: Alnico V
- Magnet Weight: 8 oz
- Diameter 8.30" Depth: 4"
- Mounting holes 7.75" on center
- Cutout: 7. 125"