- PRE OWNED AUDIO
- Sansui TU-217 Stereo AM/FM Tuner 1978 Fresh Service with Rack Handles
Sansui TU-217 Stereo AM/FM Tuner 1978 Fresh Service with Rack Handles
Sansui TU-217 Stereo Tuner with Rack Handles - Made in japan in 1978 this tuner is sleek and easy to use! - The TU-217 is in excellent working order, cleaned, aligned and tested recently by DALAUDIO. Yes, you can find one cheaper, this one is working properly with a fresh FM alignment. Cash Sale, No Holds, Call or text for pick-up.
We are including
- Copy of the service manual used to align it
- Copy of the English section of the owners manual
- Copy of the 1978 release brochure
Condition: Good working order, cleaned, reviewed and tested aligned by DALAUDIO. The top of the chassis is fairly clean, This generally clean unit has one mark in the center the top edge of the face, that has been touched up. Otherwise shows very nicely. The face is fairly clean with minimal issues, clear lettering and no significant marks. Please see all photos.
A bit about the units sound and tuning capabilities: This straightforward Sansui Tuner has only 3 gangs/2 filters, no bells and no whistles. The simplicity of the TU-217's signal path is likely one reason it sounds good with strong AM/FM signals. On weak signals, you must select muting off. As this is a simple unit, the muting on/off and stereo/mono control is on the same switch. The result? You can not listen to a weak noisy station in stereo mode. I would not want to, but some folks might want to catch a distant station.
With a muting on (stereo mode) and a good signal, the TU-217's sound is very clear, bass has a good punch. The midrange is pleasant with excellent imaging. The hi's are slightly more pronounced, but not irritating in the least. Spoken voices (DJs, Sportscasters, commercials), sound is clear with minimal sibilance (letter s hiss etc.). I remain impressed with this Sansui Tuner, a very enjoyable sound in a great easy to use package. Get a decent antenna, or tune to close, strong FM stations. Since the dial face is white, Sansui provided no backlighting, so no tuning in the dark. Again, not a problem for me. A benefit is the lights never fail!
- Mono/Stereo Tuner
- Bands: FM, MW -AM
- Tuning Scale: Analogue White Face
- FM Tuning Range: 88 to 108 MHz
- AM/MW Tuning Range: 530 to 1600 kHz
- Sensitivity: 1.85uV (FM), 220uV (MW)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75dB (FM), 48dB (MW)
- Distortion: 0.35% (FM), 0.4% (MW)
- Selectivity: 50dB (FM), 35dB (MW)
- Frequency response: 30Hz to 15kHz (FM)
- Output: 775mV
- Semiconductors: 8 x transistors, 6 x diodes, 1 x FET, 4 x IC
- Dimensions: 430 x 110 x 307mm
Note: We have matching AU317 Integrated (expensive), TU-217 Tuner (RH) w Rack Handles, 3110 Cassette Deck (RH), and AX7 Audio Mixer (RH) GX7 Accessory Drawer (RH) and a pair of SP-2000 Sansui Speakers! Let us know if Interested in a complete system! See last photo (other equipment not included)