Sencore TF46 Portable Super Cricket Transistor & FET Tester with 39G85 Probe
Sencore TF46 Portable Super Cricket Transistor & FET Tester - Good working condition, one of the better units we have seen. Was in use by us, until recently. We are downsizing and only keeping one of each piece of test gear type. We can download a manual from our network for you. Please bring a USB Stick. Never had a false test with this unit. We are also including a Sencore 39G85 test probe accessory with this meter. The 39G85 is a spring loaded 3 prong test probe that make in circuit testing much easier.
Condition: Please see photos a nice overall working unit! Clean battery compartment.
Note: This device operates from internal battery cells 6 AA (or adapter not included). A door slides meter face, to protect it during transportation. The test lead compartment, at the bottom, is closed for the picture.
Some Features /Specifications
- Battery test switch included in lead compartment
- Audio tone speaker switch in lead compartment
- Audio tone that sounds after successful in-circuit and lead-identification tests.
- The TF46 was the the best and most recent version of the Sencore Cricket line.
- Unit operates on the premise that no other type of component will produce a phase-inverted output signal. Therefore, square waves are applied to the base, and the collector signal is examined for out-of-phase square waves. If they are present in sufficient amplitude, the transistor must be amplifying; and the meter reading and Cricket tone from an internal speaker indicates a good transistor.
- Identify proper transistor leads (BEC) during test - leads connected to the red, green, and yellow test leads are identified during the test
- 5 scales of the TF46 meter are, from top to bottom: good/bad Cricket and battery test; 0 to 500 beta for bipolar transistors; 0 to 25K micro-ohms for FETs; 0 to 2,500 microamperes for transistor leakage; and 0 to 50 milliamperes for FET leakage.