Heathkit Sine and Square Wave Audio generator 5218- Working Very good condition.
Heathkit Sine and Square Wave Audio generator 5218- Working Very good condition. The generator can provide a sine wave signal from 1 Hz till 100 KHz and a square wave signal from 5 Hz till 100 KHz with less than 50 ns rise time. This unit has relatively low distortion (.1%)!
The Heathkit IG-5218 Audio Generator is an audio frequency signal generator. It provides sine wave and square wave signals that may be used as a signal source for harmonic distortion measurements (which is how we used them), or as an external modulator for an RF signal generator, or in tests of audio amplifiers for gain or frequency response. The square wave signals can also be used to trigger digital instruments. Manual is only available as download so bring a USB stick.
Condition: Please see photos of generator with scope.
- Output levels up to 10 Volts! 8 steps (.003, .01, .1,.3,1,3,10)
- Frequency Range 1Hz to 100kHz
- Internal load (600 Ohm)
- Multiple dB ranges (-50 to +20 in eight steps positions)
- Panel meter for voltage and dB
- Output impedance 10V- 0-1000 ohms, 3V 800-1000 Ohms, > 1V 600 Ohms
- Meter Accuracy (+-10%) so use a scope!