- DALAUDIO AMPLIFIERS
- STUDIO 3886 R2 CHIP AMP STD - Contact us for availability
STUDIO 3886 R2 CHIP AMP STD - Contact us for availability
LM3886 Gainclone Studio Amplifier by DALAUDIO, with Snubber PSU, exceeds 120 watts (60 watts per channel) at 4 Ohms, and delivers clean detailed sound for your critical listening pleasure. This is our "Standard" Studio 3886. If you want upgrade options, please refer to the Studio 3886 R3. Inspired by the sound quality of amps costing five times as much, our design has been used on many high quality professional audio projects. The basis of this amplifier project is the National Semiconductor LM Series, or Gainclone Amplifier Chips. This DALAUDIO Studio Amplifier (tm) utilizes high quality printed circuit boards. The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a 4 Ohm load and 38W into 8 Ohm with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz-20kHz. Built by hand with meticulous care in our Ohio workshop, this is a fully tested prototype amplifier.
- Chassis Type: Studio - Small extruded aluminum anodized black chassis with DALAUDIO faceplate provides a small footprint and solid package.
- Chip Amp type: Two (2) National Semiconductor LM series LM3886 - High-Performance Audio Power Amplifiers with a total power output capability in excess of 120 watts (60 watts per channel), dependent on speakers impedance values as listed below.
- Main Board: DALAUDIO designed form factor high quality printed circuit boards that features a minimum of point to point wiring to eliminate the possibility of noise.
- Non-inverted" design which to us simply sounds better.
- Transformer (Mains): (Toroidal) 160VA 22v/22v,Snubber power supply
- Speaker Terminal Type: Standard Color Coded Black and Red - For direct wire compression or banana plug
- Audio Input Jacks: Standard Gold plated (color coded insert) RCA jacks
- Approximate Dimensions: Depth 10.25”, Height 3.75”, Width 6.75” (please allow for sufficient cooling space)
- Heat Sink: External extruded configuration with center cutout
- Packaging: The amplifier is packaged and shipped in a spec. box with sturdy foam. See pictures.
- Power Input: Removable IEC 3 prong power cord
- Power Switch: Front panel power switch with indicator lamp.
- Fuse: Internal non servicable bus type fuse.
- LM3886 Output and Operating Characteristics per datasheet: The LM3886 is a high-performance audio power amplifier capable of delivering 68W of continuous average power to a 4 Ohm load and 38W into 8 Ohm with 0.1% THD+N from 20Hz-20kHz.
To maximize the potential of this amplifier, the peripheral equipment must have a good detailed source. If a noisy preamp is used (as this is only an amplifier it does not have any volume control or source buffering or equalization) a lackluster sound will result. Likewise with detailed sound, the amp will produce detail out. And the sound is fast as it is detailed. With no input the amp will be dead quiet.
These amps must be powered up with no source input volume. We have limited noise reduction filters to provide the best possible sound. Pops may be heard if you power up the units with the source active.