- PRE OWNED AUDIO
- JBL L88 Vintage Two-Way Classic Loudspeakers Speakers - Excellent + Manuals
JBL L88 Vintage Two-Way Classic Loudspeakers Speakers - Excellent + Manuals
A beautiful pair of 1970s vintage JBL L88 NOVA Floor Model Speakers - Wow Please check all the photos. This is a cash sale, no holds, call or text for pick-up.
This Sale Includes
- Stands for The L88
- Original "Owners Manual" 19
- Publication OM88-1 JBL 88 NOVA and L88-1 Cortina Installation, Wiring and Operations Manual 1969
- Original Warranty Cards from 1971
Condition These JBLs have been well cared for, no significant scratches or gouges, nice grills, non smoking environment, all original, beautiful walnut cabinets, incomparable vintage USA JBL craftsmanship, design, attention to detail, sound quality, musicality and naturalness. These were recently tested by DALAUDIO and found to be fully operational. The Tweeter pad foam has been replaced with identical material, the crossover checked, pad cleaned. These are ready to play.
JBL Model History
JBL L88 comes in a number of different versions and the L88 Nova version is highly desirable. They feature all alnico drivers (LE20 tweeters and the famous white coned L123A woofers) with a warm and beautiful tone. JBL also went for a more "provocative" look with the Novas, resulting in a speaker many considered as one of the most stylish ever made by JBL (Paragon excepted). They have a cult-like following overseas.
They have the cast frame D123 12" woofers and heavy duty LE20 tweeter with high level control on the back. They are in very very nice original condition. They sound superb, open, detailed, dynamic, extended, spacious, involving, smooth, natural and very musical. Nothing is equal to the sound quality of a vintage JBL speaker, vintage USA quality. They were made in the early 1970s.
Technically these are a 2-Way, 2-Speaker, Bass Reflex System, Bookshelf Type - Bass Driver JBL (123A) 12" Long excursion cone loudspeaker with 3" edgewound copper ribbon voice coil with massive magnetic assembly. The Tweeter is a JBL (LE20)For High Range : 1.4" direct radiator energized by a 1.6 pound magnet and 5/8" copper voice coil.
- Power Handling: 50W, but as little as 10 Watts RMS to Max of 75 Watts - Average 35 Watts.
- Crossover frequency 2kHz 1.5 khz, 6 khz
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Sensitivity: 76dB (but this was measured at 1w @15ft!! not 1 meter like speakers of today.) - We were curious so we tested at 1 Meter and the efficiency was more like 89-90dB
- Bass: 1 x 123A-1
- Tweeter: 1 x LE20-1