Antique Brass Painted Bird Cage with Accessories 1920-1930s
Antique Bird Cage with Accessories - Art Cage Mfg. Co. pagoda style painted brass bird cage which was made in the 1920's by the Art Cage Manufacturing Company of New York. One of the 3 brass feet is stamped: Art Cage MFG. The Art Cage company produced architecturally inspired brass painted birdcages in the 1920's and 1930s.
Measures 14" wide at the widest "roof" and 11" wide near the bottom. Has 2 nicely decorated doors that open forward to apply water, feed or treats, and one for the bird that slides upward. Original and intact top finial and ring are typical muted auburn to complement the main cage. Everything is painted brass. Overall, this is cage in very good condition considering it is 100 years old.
I also have the following for an additional $20
- Vintage Porcelain/ Glass Gravel Seed Feeders
- Vintage Porcelain/ Glass Treat cup
- Vintage Black Porcelain Water Cup 510 Made in Germany
- Vintage 1950s Hartz Mountain 10 cent Imported Cuttlebone No. 220 - Box side printing indicates the "Master Radio Canaries" are fed on Hartz Mountain Bird Foods! These were famous recorded Canaries from 1926 to the late 1930s helping date the box and cage.
- Vintage Newspaper liners form the 1950s !!