Sansui AX7 Mixer Control Amplifier w Reverb Audio Consolette VGC Serviced
The Sansui AX7 Mixer/Control Amplifier was designed in Japan back in the late 1970s for the audiophile that was also looking for professional mixing and control applications at home. It is equipped with front panel TS 1/4" jacks connections for mics and electric guitars! One of the input selectors is set up to provide 1mV levels for Mics, 150mV levels for for typical line level inputs (like phono or aux) and 20mV for electric guitars ! Its actually labeled "MIC, LINE, GUITAR". As such, it also has a built in analog reverb control circuit. Interestingly this unit was further positioned to support up to 2 Sansui Adapters (processors equalizers and the like) including the Sansui Adapters 1 QS Decoder (Quad) to provide pan control for the quad speaker amplifier set up. Unit has optional rack handles ($60+)
Cash Sale, No Holds, Call or text for purchase.
Condition: Recent service by DALAUDIO including functional testing per service manual. This unit is not perfect as it has a some minor signs of use (top edge of face and cover rash), but overall is in very good condition given it use and age. Please see photos.
We are including:
- The original 8 page brochure, that includes 1970s dressed musicians and interesting comic style character drawings showing various AX7 "use" examples.
- The 11 Page service manual DALAUDIO utilized to help freshen the device with all specs and schematics.
- The manual in digital format only if you bring a USB drive its 52 pages!!
- 4 in 2 out audio mixer! 4 mono ch. (Mic Guitar etc.) that can be mixed down to 2 ch. out.
- The above 2 Channels (4 mono mix) can be added to a second 2/ch. stereo source (Tape or other) and balance mixed again!
- This unit has 4 independent pan pots (mix right/left) and 4 level controls on each of the 4 mono inputs.
- Unit has connections for 3 Stereo Tape Decks, Tuner, and 2 Special Adapters (decoder, synth, equalizer) and acts as a mixing amp from any to any control center.
Uses proclaimed by Sansui in the 1970s Ad!
- Record Hops - Vinyl Mixing between turntables (with phono preamps), tape decks, tuners, as an audio consolette
- Home movies Audio Background Mix
- Audio Hobbies - mixing bird calls, jet, trains, and other in field noise sources
- Singer/Songwriters - with a couple of voice mics and acoustic or electric guitars!
- Live Music sessions with your garage band
Note: We have a complete matching stack of Sansui equipment (see last photo) AU-317 Integrated AMP, AX-7 Mixer, TU-217 AM/FM Tuner, SC-3110 Cassette Deck, and GX-5 Accessory Drawer. Please see last photo. If interested call/text us!