Teac EQA-5 10 Band /Channel Stereo Graphic Equalizer Excellent Condition
The TEAC EQA-10 Graphic Equalizer was probably the first affordable ($100) full featured, 10 band equalizer, making it fairly popular in the early 1980s. This was at a time when LEDs were preferred over meters, giving this unit a great visual appeal. I guess the LEDs are somewhat legitimate for monitoring the output levels! EQ units were thought to be essential for recording "hot" cassette mix tapes (more base/high end), minimizing vinyl damage in recordings for live listening, and for tone control, generally making up for your speakers that left your ears desiring what you could not afford. Like my speakers his unit was one you could afford, but at the price offered, packed a lot of punch and perhaps slightly reduced quality feel than a typical top of the line Teac product. This one is in excellent shape overall.
Terms: Cash Sale No Holds call or text for pick-up
Condition: Tested and working, unit is in very good overall condition and is fully functional. We are including the original Owners/Service Manual
More about the unit: The TEAC Model EQA-10 is a stereo ten band graphic equalizer with a ten band audio frequency spectrum analyzer incorporated into the front panel. It has many desirable features.
The EQA-10 Features and Front panel
- 10 Boost cut controls/ch, ± 12dB/ with Freq. Bands: 30, 60, 120, 250, 500, 1K, 2K, 4K, 8K, 16KHz
- Output level control
- EQ In/Out (defeat) Switch
- LED Output Level Indicators
- Monitor Pre /Post - allows auditioning of equalized or non equalized signals without disturbing recording in process.
- Line Selector - unit has provision for up to 2 Source inputs.
- 2 Line Inputs (RCA) / 1 Line Output (RCA)
- 1 Tape Out (RCA) / 1 Tape In (RCA
- Input Sensitivity: 320mV
- Frequency response: 5Hz to 100kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80dB
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
- Control Range: ± 12dB
- Dimensions: 415 x 58 x 180mm