Yamaha RX-V592 Surround Sound Receiver with Phono Inputs and Remote VGC
Yamaha RX-V592 Surround Sound Receiver rated at 75 Watts/Ch Front, 75 Watts Center/Right, 35 Watts/Ch Rear (All Ratings into 8 Ohms) Pro Logic Decoding. Price new was $499 USA in 1997. This has been recently serviced by DALAUDIO and found to be 100% functions with remote. A copy of the manual is available if you bring a USB Stick or thumb drive etc. Cash Sale, No Holds, Call or text.
Condition: One scratch on top right of center, (shown in photo), couple light scratches on top. Other than that its pretty clean.
Opinion on Sound: The sound from the amp section is better than most 1990s mid-priced mass market surround systems. It has rather expansive sound as long as you don't turn the volume up all the way. Why? The front channel amps are rated at 75 watts RMS @ 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.04% THD so in stereo only mode, it will sound open and accurate. However, the center channel is rated at 75 watts RMS 20 Hz - 20 kHz, but its amp THD is 0.07%, and the rear channels are 35 watts RMS 1 kHz, 0.3% THD. Thus, the center has slightly less performance than the front left/right, even though they are 75 watts, and the rear is not rated at full spectrum (.3%THD), and so, probably delivers 25 watts, 20 Hz - 20 Hz. So listening to the RX-V592 in Stereo Mode vs 5 Channel Stereo is the best for music!
RX-V592 Rear Panel
- 5.1 pre-ins and pre-outs (6 RCA) pre-out jacks can be connected to an outboard power amplifiers (including sub)
- phono preamp inputs - CD - tape (with loop) - DVD/LD - TV/DBS VCR
- Video inputs: coaxial only include DVD/LD, TV/DBS, and VCR
- Video outputs: monitor out jack and VCR out jack (coaxial)
- Speaker terminals - binding posts for the front left and right. Center/Rears left/right are spring clips
- Impedance selector for 4 or 8 Ohm speakers
Front Panel: The front panel display is uncomplicated, and indicates basic information, such as shown below. It is an uncomplicated, easy to use, and nicely featured unit. Other features include:
- The FM/AM tuner has 24 presets for the FM section, and 16 for the AM section.
- There is a test tone function, for setting the volume of the various channels.
- A bass extension button on the front provides + 6 dB at 50 Hz,
- Bass Treble and Balance
Remote Control: The illuminated remote control for the 592 is somewhat unique looking. Other than that its function is similar to other remotes for Yamaha receivers, allows learning from other remote controls, and is programmable with macros. You can select the input, control VCRs and DVD players (circular arranged buttons at the top left of the remote control photo), select DSP sound fields (Pro Logic Enhanced, Concert Video, Mono Movie, Stadium, Disco, Rock, and Hall.
Size: 5" H x 17" W x 14 3/4" D
Weight: 24 pounds