Vintage McIntosh MQ107 Custom Environmental Programmable Bass & Room Equalizer
MQ107 Environmental equalizer - this is a very good condition McIntosh MQ 107 Environmental Equalizer. DALAUDIO tech shop checked it to see if it was operational on a Real Time Frequency Analyzer. It obviously from the appearance, has been very well cared for. Operates/functions as it should. It has seven programmable filters (see internal photo with cover off).
Condition: Operationally sound, Overall very clean. Three very minor cosmetic issues, 1.) The lettering on 3L Pot is slightly removed see photo #10. 2.) The unit has typical fine scratches most folks don't report, but please look at all photos and the one in photo #8. 3.) The top cover has a filter programming chart paper attached and is discolored and spotty (Likely from the old foam removed years ago). We are meticulous, so please review the photos!
We are including a copy of the original McIntosh catalog that introduced the MQ107 and the 2 Page "McIntosh The Compendium" Description and Specification Sheet. Manuals/schematic/service manuals seem to be readily available online and in PDF format.
Specifications from McIntosh
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz +/- 0.5dB
- Hum & Noise: 90dB (79uV) below 2.5V flat response. 85dB (140uV) below 2.5V worst case.
- Harmonic and Intermodulation Distortion: less than 0.02% at 2.5V output 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Low frequency Compensation: Variable from 0 to +17dB at 20Hz
- Input Sensitivity: 2.5V into 27k ohms for rated output with controls set for flat response
- High Frequency Compensation: Variable +/-10dB at 20,000Hz
- Output Level and Impedance: 2.5V into 10k ohms or more with the output level at zero and all other controls set for flat response.
- Programmable Filters: 14 sections (7 per channel) each of which can be programmed for standard 1/3 octave center frequencies from 20Hz to 1000Hz. Filter bandwidth is programmable for narrow (approx. 1/3 octave) or wide (approx. 1 octave). Amplitude is continuously adjustable +/- 12dB for narrow and +/-15 dB for wide. A detented control is used to position for flat response. Programming is achieved by means of plug-in capacitors provided with the MQ107.
- Size: 3-1/2” high, 5-3/4” wide and 14” long
- Finish: Chrome and black
- Weight 7 lbs. 9 oz.